Friday, March 27, 2009

Multigrain Flour Mixture

2 C Kamut
1 C Spelt
1 C Buckwheat
1/2 C Quinoa
1 C Hulled Barley

I had some grief grinding these. I think it is because I mixed them all and ground them together. Next time I'm going to grind them seperately.

3 comments:

  1. O.K. I made this flour and I love it! I used it in the Dad's pancakes recipe. It was funny though. I had my grinder attachment to my champion juicer, and I had to hold it on! It was so loud and my juicer was bouncing all over the counter! I took the bag that catches the grain off because I thought "that won't fit very much flour in it!" And half of the flour went into the air! Mom and dad told me later that that's what the bag is for! Anyway, I was wondering if you guys sift out the buckwheat flakes out of your flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way I'm Jessica who posted that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you are a goose!
    I leave the buckwheat flakes in. Good fiber! And how on earth would you suggest sifting them out? They're all through it! KL

    ReplyDelete