Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spin off of MOM'S GRANOLA


I make these every week and today's batch turned out really yummy. I've had 4 already! Yikes! I need to pace myself or I'll be making them twice a week. These are usually my grains for the day. This is my modified recipe:

Mix:
5 cups rolled oats
1 C. Coconut, unsweetened, shredded
1 C. Chopped Almonds
1 C. Wheat Germ (however, I only had about half a cup but I think the flax meal must have made up for it)
1 C. Flax Meal
1 C. Sesame Seeds (didn't have any)
1 C. Sunflower Seeds, raw
1 C. Soy Protein, vanilla
1 C. raisins (forgot to add to this batch)
2 TBSP Cinnamon (little more than this actually, I love cinnamon :))
In another bowl mix:
1 C. honey
1 C. water
1 C. unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. Vanilla
Then mix wet mixture with dry.
Press into cookie pan and smooth.
Bake @ 250F for 2 hours. Using spatula to cut into bars.

(Yes, that IS plastic that I store them in ;D)

No comments:

Post a Comment